Atlanta Public Schools (APS) is closely monitoring all developments related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), and we take this and any other health-related concern very seriously. District officials will remain in close contact with local, state, and federal agencies – such as the Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE), the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH), the Fulton County Board of Health (BOH), and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for the latest information on this disease.
In this case, many of the decisions and plans around quarantines or school closures will be led by the federal government with assistance from state emergency management officials. We have received guidance from those agencies and are incorporating key components into the District’s emergency management practices. We will provide updated information to students, families and District employees as we receive directives from local, state, and federal health officials.
Scroll to the bottom of this page for an up-to-date list of alerts and important information distributed by the CDC and the Department of Public Health.
District Communications about COVID-19
3.9.北京福利彩票官网 Letter to All APS Families: The following update providing APS guidance on prevention, student attendance, student enrollment, re-entry of students, field trips, school facilities, athletic competitions and who to call in light of COVID-19 was distributed to all APS families on March 9, 北京福利彩票官网. . . . . . .
3.9.北京福利彩票官网 Letter to All APS Employees: The following update providing APS guidance on work-related travel, personal travel, field trips, study abroad programs, student enrollment, student attendance, employee illness and reporting exposure was distributed to all APS employees on March 9, 北京福利彩票官网. .
3.9.北京福利彩票官网 Letter to All APS Supervisors: The following update on APS supervisors' roles in the District's COVID-19 response was distributed to all supervisors on March 9, 北京福利彩票官网. .
3.6.北京福利彩票官网 Letter to All APS Supervisors: The following update on APS supervisors' roles in the District's COVID-19 response was distributed to all APS supervisors on March 6, 北京福利彩票官网. .
3.6.北京福利彩票官网 Letter to All APS Employees: The following update on COVID-19 and District guidance on employee travel, exposure and prevention was distributed to all APS employees on March 6, 北京福利彩票官网. .
3.2.北京福利彩票官网 Letter to Parents and All APS Employees: The following update on APS' preparations for the COVID-19 was distributed to APS parents, caregivers and employees on March 2, 北京福利彩票官网. . .
At a district level, APS strongly encourages students, schools, families and staff to engage in a few protective measures as encouraged by the World Health Organization:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water. Hand sanitizer that has an alcohol content of 60% or greater can also be used
- Maintain social distancing – at least three feet from anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene (cover your mouth and nose with tissue when you cough or sneeze then discard tissue immediately.
- Keep surfaces frequently touched (sinks, door handles, faucets, desks, etc.) sanitized
- Do not report to school or work if you are ill
- If you experience symptoms, get medical care early!
- Additionally, we are increasing our facilities cleansing and providing preventative care resources as suggested through CDC guidance.
Upon any notification by an official source that an APS student or employee has been diagnosed with COVID-19, we will institute our emergency management protocols, which includes notification of the APS community and further strengthening of health and preventive measures and infection control precautionary measures. We will adhere to guidance provided by the Department of Public Health related to containment, quarantine, safety measures, etc.
- We will continue to provide updated information to students, families, and employees as we receive directives from local, state, and federal health officials.
- Additionally, it has never been more important than now for parents to log into the campus portal for parents and update their preferences for emergency notifications, which include robo-calls, text messages and e-mails. Visit the portal at http://www./CPP.
ALERTS IMPORTANT LINKS
The APS health alert link is a method of sharing information to parents, students, staff, and communities about urgent public health and school health notices. Updates are received from state, federal, local public health and education agencies.